Saturday, September 3, 2005

Overflowing emotions

This is not what I imagined. I will try to compose myself as I sit here in the library.

I moved in on Thursday. That went well and the first evening went well. I unpacked quite a bit and went to bed at about 10:30.

At 10:40 someone started playing music LOUDLY for about four songs. Then it stopped. Someone next door? had their TV on loud enough to keep me awake. Plus I heard people talking from inside the building. I finally moved out the the couch at about 11:30 and slept for about an hour. Then moved back to the bedroom and tossed and turned from the TV until 2:30 I must have fallen asleep out of pure exhaustion.

Up at 8:00 the next morning and everything came rushing down on me. What have I gotten myself into? I don't belong here. I want to go home. I'm so, so lonely.

I finally called my mom at about 9:15 and cried on the phone to her. I love my mom to death. I never thought I would have this intense loneliness. I'm going to miss having other people around to say good morning to and good night to. To tell them how my day went and just BE there with others.

Last night I slept pretty well. Fortunately there wasn't any noise. I slept fro 9:30 - 8. I think I was exhausted from crying almost the entire day. So far, today hasn't been much better. I'm glad I got some sleep. I'm so glad I have my boys - they're doing great.

Another reason I'm probably crying a lot is that I'm finally letting everything out that was building up. The stress of closing, my grandpa being so sick, moving and now the loneliness.
Whew, I made it through this with nothing more than a huge lump in my throat.
But where do I belong? Where is my home? When will I stop crying? I want to go home. I want my mom. This sucks so bad right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment