Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My grandpa died

My grandpa died last night. I'm completely numb over it. It's not real at all. I even woke up this morning wondering if it were a dream. But man, I slept so well last night. I didn't wake up once.

My mom called last night at 9:07. She was crying She and my uncle were there. As the nurses were helping my grandpa get ready for bed he became "combative" pushing and yelling, I guess. They gave him a sedative. My mom and uncle went to get some coffee. They came back, my grandpa's breathing had changed and gradually faded. I'm glad he wasn't alone.


I can honestly say that my grandpa was the kindest most tender loving, gentle man I've ever met in my life. He was such a good person. I'm so lucky to have had him in my life.


My grandma and grandpa's wedding Sept. 16, 1939





My grandpa about age 5 - 1919


No comments:

Post a Comment