Friday, September 9, 2005

Noise

I called the property manager for my condo association to complain about the upstairs neighbor. Normally I should try to resolve issues myself but I didn't feel comfortable confronting this person.

I don't hear anything out of the upstairs person? People? All day or evening. I know someone is up there because I can hear walking on creaky floors directly above my bedroom.

Every night since I've moved in I have woken up to a woman yelling between 1:00 am and 3 am.
One night at 9:30 pm I was hanging a towel rack in the bathroom and I could hear someone in the bathroom. At this time I couldn't tell where the talking was coming from but a woman kept saying "God damn you" over and over and over. Then a guy came in and asked "what did I do?" She just kept responding "God damn you". I thought it was next door but now I'm thinking it's upstairs because last night I woke up to stomping and slamming and yelling directly above me at 3 am. Last night it was the woman yelling "I'm the man! You're not the man, I'm the man" over and over. It's funny but not at the time. Perhaps she's mentally ill? Who yells this kind of thing?!

I've heard the yelling every night and could never figure out where it was coming from - upstairs? Next door? Next door and upstairs? Next door and downstairs? Since the windows have been open it carries outdoors.

Anyway, I can't deal with it much longer, I'm loosing sleep so I contacted Julie, the manager. She's going to send the unit a letter. She said she's had "dealings" with this unit before but never for noise. She also said she just has listed that there is one woman in the unit. No mention of a man.

Anyway, she won't get the message this weekend since it's in letter form but I did something about it for now. If it continues on or if it's not the unit above me, I'll have to start knocking on doors??? And say what? Are you the one yelling in the middle of the night? How does one go about doing this without knowing 100% which unit it's coming from.Otherwise it's wonderfully quiet there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment