Thursday, September 8, 2005

More pity

I found a good website about depression and anxiety. This excerpt has been especially true for the past year. I thought is was very interesting:

Relationships with others often become highly distressing to the individual, and
although they want closeness, they often respond with anger, criticism or
withdrawing further increasing their feelings of isolation and loneliness. The
longer you wait, the more tenacious the depression becomes. It never completely
goes away by itself, but rather, it may appear to go away simply to return when
you are in a highly stressed state.

I'm not afraid or ashamed to admit I suffer from depression or have a problem with anxiety, but I'm afraid of seeking help. Isn't that the silliest thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment