Thursday, September 25, 2008

The thing about death is... it hurts.

The anniversary of my grandpa's death is drawing near. Saturday will be three years. There is still not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. There are several days a year that I am overcome with grief from missing him. Sometimes I ache just to hear his voice again or feel one of his hugs.


I just feel like my world was a better place with him in it. He was so kind, gentle and funny. He held so much love in his heart. I never imagined feeling the void I do since he's been gone.

I miss him.


"A heart can be broken; but it keeps beating just the same" - Fried Green Tomatoes

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    I love that you had such a close tie to your Grandfather. What a gift. Even to miss him. You know? Because that is evidence of his importance in your life!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete