Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Feeling crafty

I'm sort of a hermit. I spend a lot of my time alone and I love my alone time. It may seem anti-social but it is who I am and I'm not unhappy with it. I love to learn new crafts. Several years ago I learned to knit. I absolutely love it and moved from scarves to socks earlier this year. However, I've only knit one sock so far - but it fits!


The past week or so I suddenly got the strongest urge to make my own soap. Specifically shampoo bars. I know, strange idea and where did it come from. I have no clue but the more I read up on it, the more fun it seems. I may start with the melt and pour method where you start with a soap base and add scents and texture. But I really want to start from scratch, you know, with the lye and the oils and the mixing and the six weeks of curing.


Some other things I'd love to learn are:
  1. sewing clothes

  2. crocheting

  3. water painting

  4. photography

No comments:

Post a Comment