Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Call the Tooth Fairy

I was going to write about something completely mundane until just moments ago.

I just helped my boss pull the cleaning guy's tooth.
The cleaning guy (we call him Speedy because he's the complete opposite) came in today with one of his back molars sitting sideways in his mouth but still connected. He was miserable and I really couldn't care less but when I heard my boss was going to pull it, I had to be a part of it.
I work with mechanics, not dentists.

We sat Speedy in an office chair in the parts room. Boss Man went to get "a clean rag" and a needle nose pliers much like this but with grease and grime on it. A pliers not too unlike these:

Boss man wraps the pliers in a "clean rag", I grab the top of Speedy's head in a headlock. The whole time I'm chanting, "ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod". Bossman gives a little yank and Speedy doesn't even flinch. The tooth pops out and I commence gagging to the point tears are running down my cheeks.

Today I decided I love where I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment