Friday, August 29, 2008

Anti-domesticism

I love Anne Taintor “vintage images with Anne's own interpretation of what these men and women might really be thinking”.


I have a magnet “domestically disabled” and it really can’t be far from the truth. I am truly not gifted in much of anything domestic. I guess it wouldn’t really be a disability so much as a chronic condition. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to live up to my womanly expectancies. I was born without the gene.


I don’t like to cook. I can cook but I choose not to. Nothing about cooking excites me. Not even the part where I get to eat it. I have no drive to cook. Sometimes I think it would be fun to learn to cook but then the thought is forgotten as soon as it is thought. However, I love to bake – go figure.


I hate cleaning my place. I just hate it. I hate it so much I can easily put it out of my mind as if it’s an unrequired task. But I’ll gladly clean someone else’s home. I do the minimum required.. It’s not that I don’t have the time. I just don’t do it.


I can’t sew anything other than straight lines. I can’t follow a pattern. I’m envious of anyone who can but I have no real drive to learn. My mom can make anything. So can my step mom. Lucky them.


Okay, I can knit (the basics) and cross-stitch and I really enjoy both.


So much for those Home Economic classes I was forced to take throughout grade school.

2 comments:

  1. rhwatsyes, but you can make nice greeting cards and decorate your home and paint and redo the kitchen cupboards quite nicely. I mostly like to cook and bake during high hormone season, like bun-in-the oven times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are officialy my cooking twin.

    ReplyDelete