Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So what? I'm a picky eater

It's kind of a joke with my family and friends about the way I eat. I have certain rules and rituals that must be followed. It gets to be complicated.

1. No mushrooms - none whatsoever. I will pick the microscopic pieces from anything made with cream of mushroom soup.
2. Jam only - I don't like chunks of fruit in my spread.
3. No fruit chunks in my yogurt either. However, I will eat the pina colada flavor.
4. All sandwiches not prepared by me will be opened and rearranged so that there is an even amount of ingredient in each bite.
5. Raw onions on hamburgers only.
6. Tomatoes on Mexican food only.
7. Nothing that live in water. That's right, no fish, no seafood (shrimp, lobster, all of it). I note what's in the parenthesis because if I say this to someone usually the first thing they ask is, "No shrimp or lobster?" No, I'm not missing out because I can't stand the taste and texture. The exception is tuna... from a can... from Subway.
8. Eggs have to be eaten with toast or in a tortilla. I can't eat eggs plain.
9. I don't eat oranges but I'll suck the juice out.
10. No meat on the bone - chicken especially, ribs, pork chops.

I will try things before I say I don't like them and I will try them every so often to see if my tastes have changed.

A few items I am afraid to try with absolutely no explanation:

-Lychee
-Mango
-Pomegranate
-Kumquat
-Plantains
-Papaya
-Avocado
-venison
-duck

Needless to say, I pretty much live on cereal.

2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    Do you want a cumquat and tomato with mushroom sandwich on rye?
    you changed the background. I'm feeling chocolatey now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pick everything off and eat the rye only!

    ReplyDelete