Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The beastly board meeting

I am the VP of my condo association. It's not as impressive as it sounds though.

Last night we had our monthly meeting. I mention ages because of the behavior that is exhibited. It helps to understand the absurdity of it all when you know these people are not in Kindergarten. They are usually pretty entertaining although, there hasn't been an instance like last September when a 30-something year old woman pushed down, I say again, PUSHED DOWN, a 60-something year old man.

Anyway, last night my drunk neighbor showed up and sat in on the meeting. She and another man from another one of our buildings chatted through a presentation from a local cable company. I finally spoke up, ask them to please be quite during the presentation. The remainder of the meeting my neighbor stared me down.

This woman is 53 years old. She got drunk, disrupted the meeting and then left in the middle. Meanwhile the man she was talking to sat in the back of the room brushing his greasy hair up in the back.

Next up, the heated argument between the 72? year old President and the 60-something year old secretary. The argument? Landscaping. You know, weeding, watering. Secretary doesn't like the current state of your grounds (agreed) but President is trying to explain we have no, zero, nada, nothing in the budget to pay for someone to come in and do this (agreed). Hence, the constant asking of volunteers to do such jobs. Secretary's face got red and blotchy. President banged on table. Secretary's voice quivered with frustration. It was finally put to rest but not resolved.

I live with these people.

1 comment:

  1. Laur',
    How rude of me not to leave a comment when I read earlier. You crack me up. I can't even stand how weird these folks are! Plus, SATC, I keep thinking about it, wanting to go really, really bad, and suddenly I feel busy. Weird. I, yeah. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete