Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Insomnia

Occasionally, I go through bouts of insomnia. I can't get to sleep no matter how tired I am. It's not that I'm worried about anything or have anything pressing on my mind. I just can't sleep.

The past four nights I've been fighting it again. I read for a while then try to sleep and get up and read again if I continue to toss and turn. Once I've given into the fact that I can't make myself sleep, I start thinking of the most randome things.

  1. I have to make a dentist appointment.
  2. I think of all the different updos I want to do on a wedding party coming up.
  3. Is laying on my stomach, face smooshed on the pillow, going to give me wrinkles or zits?
  4. It's so nice to have the windows open and sleep with the fan on. But will I have a sore throat in the morning?
  5. Roasted chicken with lemon, garlic and rosemary sounds soooo good.
  6. Maybe I should find a job working nights.
  7. I really need to start eating right.
  8. I wish I could speed read so I could read all the books I want to read.
  9. Should I get up and do something since I'm awake? Like what though?
  10. I think I want to rearrange the livingroom just for something different.
  11. I think I'm getting sleepy....

No comments:

Post a Comment