Monday, May 31, 2010

Vacation in the works - New York!

Exciting news.  I've been invited to go along on a trip to the Adirondacks this summer!
My dad and step mom #2 go just about every year to visit a friend.
I've never been to New York and while it's not NYC, it's still NY.  Plans are still in the works, the when and for how long.  But it's going to work out and be fairly inexpensive.  Airfare and spending money only.
This will be a very different trip than what I'm used to.  I usually go for places with a lot of sightseeing, activities, history, etc.  I'm on the go from early morning to late evening.  I want to see everything and do everything.
This trip will force me to relax (good?) and do things like hike, fish and dare I say horseback riding? (terrified of horses)
I will not be able to research this trip to death and make the plans.  I will follow someone else's itinerary.  This is a test of how I do letting go of control!  Eeep!
This will also be my first vacation with my dad since I was about nine years old.  I'm looking forward to the quality time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment