Saturday, May 29, 2010

A trip to Ikea puts a smile on my face

I love Ikea.  I love it too much.  I loved it $400 worth yesterday.

Friday I went with the intent to buy one thing.  A new dresser for $279.  I bought the dresser, sheets, a throw pillow cover, a throw pillowtwo sets of curtains and a lamp shade.

I was all gung-ho to put the dresser together but it comes in two big ol' boxes that are too heavy to lift alone (if "he" were around...anyway).  The little platform cart thingy that is for community use at my condo has been MIA all day.  The dolly has a flat tire.  I can't lift the boxes out of my truck into a grocery cart.  My plan was to kinda slide it and let it plop onto the flatbed thingy.  Then kinda slide it and let it plop onto the floor where I could commense assembly.

Hopefully tomorrow I scrouge up a friend that was also MIA all day to help me.  if I can't I plan on bringing it up board by board.  Seriously.

Really, when you think of it, that's a lot of stuff for $400.  That's what's helping me sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment