Monday, January 26, 2009

WHEEEEW!!

Friday I got my vacation pay (I had over a month banked), my last paycheck and I will receive my first installment of my severance in two weeks and every two weeks after that for 18 weeks total. I feel extremely lucky.
I'm taking a slow approach to the job search but I hope to have a job by the end of March or beginning of April. I've been out of work for a week now and I'm already bored outta my gourd. I still have plenty to do on my to-do list but it's not going to last me. Maybe I could do something part-time just to have something to do.
I hate looking for a job. I have always had a job lined up before I end a job. I have stayed at my jobs for years and years. I feel loyal to my employers. Where did I read or hear that these days the average person stays at a job or with a company for an average of five years? Or was it three? Nobody stays someplace for 30 years anymore.
One option I will look into is taking a refesher course to activate my Cosmetology license. May as well since I have the time and the money. Maybe I'll look into a photography class as well.
Everything cost money...

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing fine, which makes me smile.

    Happy belated birthday.

    I enjoy reading your commentaries. They are well written and interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, harass away! Especially on our picture project. I'm slackin'!!

    Fram, thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete