Monday, January 5, 2009

Weighing the need for a scale

The holidays are over and now I can get back on track with the whole weight loss thing. I managed to loose 8.4 lbs but the week of Christmas I gained 1.6 - shucks, I was hungry, okay? It happens but my mind is back in the game.

I was just writing an e-mail with a friend about doing Weight Watchers online. I'm trying to justify spending $40 a month to have someone weigh me, hand me a little brochure with not much value, and sit in a meeting and listen to the same things I've heard before or already know by some girl who wants to always bring everything back to her c-section. Or the one that holds her picture of herself through the meeting from when she was a "weight lifter". Or the one who lists everything she's eaten for the past week followed by the points.

Anyway, I know how to do this. I've just always needed a support system. Friends that can check in on me and I can check in on them. Now I've got four I can hopefully do that with!

I feel badly that I'm ditching my meeting friend but I gotta do what I gotta do, right? Plus, I'd rather save the $40 a month and put down $60 for a full year access to the high school fitness facilities that are right across the street from me.

Also, I need a new scale. This is an example on how I make due with what I have. My "If it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude. My guilty feelings of spending money on something that I don't really NEED, just want.

So, my scale is a hand-me-down from my mom and I know for a fact it is at least 16 years old - at least. It's digital, it's powder blue, the topping is peeling off... but it works and that's what holds me back.

DAMMIT! I deserve a new scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment