Saturday, January 31, 2009

Doin' a whole lot of nothin'

Today I have done nothing. Absolutely nothing. Well, nothing in a way of important things. I slept super late... like 10:45. That had to do with a bout of insomnia last night. I was wide awake until 2 am.
Then I got busy watching the last two episodes of Oz Season 2. I'm getting hooked on it. Just another show to add to my desensitized sense to violence. Seriously, one episode showed a group of inmates crucifying another inmate to the floor. Nails in hands, nail in feet. I hardly flinched.
I went tanning today. For many years (ten) I was able to tan for free at the salon I worked at. Then I started getting some very fine lines around my eyes and I blamed tanning rather than age. From there I banned myself from the act and got on the "tanning is bad for you" bandwagon. Then I noticed that the lines came anyway. Sure, there's the whole cancer thing to consider too. Anyway, for the past couple of years I go for 10 sessions right before I go on vacation whether there's sun where I'm going or not. It just makes me feel not so pasty white in the pictures.
So, there's my busy day. I've been running all week and so today I don't care if I really get anything done. Except laundry. It's always good to have clean unders for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment