Thursday, December 31, 2009

Peanus?

Saw my dad today. He was up walking around - amazing how far he's come!!
I ask him the usual, "how are you feeling"? "What medications are you taking". Etc... I then asked how the incision is where they entered through his groin (they go through the main artery there to get to the heart!).
Asking this question should have had a return of "it's healing well"... right?? Not from my dad:
"It's completely black. The whole area. My scrotum, my peanus, my hip all the way over to the other side. I mean really black. It's unreal".
Oh GAWD! Please don't show me. Please don't show me. Please don't show me.
I try not to look horrified. First, the idea that it is bruised that much. Second, he said scrotum. Third, he said "peanus" pronounced pee-anus. Now, was this a slip of pronunciation or was he referring to his whole nether regions, coming up with a new term?
I was done talking about it and moved on to "oh wow! Look how tiny the nitro pills are"!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment