Monday, December 28, 2009

I hate when my world gets all topsy turvy

My 64 year old dad had a heart attack last night. It disturbs me beyond comprehension. He is doing well today; even went for a stroll around the nurses station.
He was 100% blocked in one vessel and is 70% blocked in the other. Two stints later and less than 24 hours, he's eating vanilla pudding, sitting in a chair and joking about how he projectile vomited three times that afternoon... right at the nurse. (In his defense he warned them it was a-comin') Way to go, dad.
Medicine is a wonder.
The reality is that my parents are aging. The reality is that I don't think that 64 is that old. It kept me awake all night and made me anxious all day. What if... what if... what if...
One thing, I wish those hospital gowns closed in the back. Forever I will have the vision of my dad's nekkid bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment