Monday, December 21, 2009

Refelctions on 2009

I feel like I've grown a lot this past year.
I went through five months of unemployment that led me to a job that pays me considerably less but I love it considerably more.
I went on two trips. One to Daytona Beach, FL and the other to San Antonio, TX. Both were so much fun.
I made a huge step toward accepting my body (it's helped that I lost 25 lbs.)
I let go of all the weights I put on my own shoulders. All the pressures and expectations I put on myself for so many years I've begun to let go of. I'm continuing to learn that it's okay to occasionally live in the moment because I've spent most of my life living in the past and planning too hard for the future. I'm allowing myself to be a little more carefree and for the first time I'm completely okay with who I am and where I am.
I know I still have hurdles ahead of me. I know I will occasionally falter.
But right now, dare I say? I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment