Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Overwhelmed

I got a covered trailer for Thursday. I'm not even packed. I have everything that's been stored ready to go but what about all the other crap? Mainly I want to be able to move all the big stuff (bed, couch, table, chairs, etc). If I don't get everything in boxes, I can do that later and move it in car loads.

I'm very overwhelmed though. I still have painting to do. It seems like painting takes no time at all but it takes a lot of time! I think I'm just going to do another coat here and touch up there and it's three hours later by the time I'm done. And really, I'm not putzing along. Once it's done it will be done and it certainly isn't mandatory that I have it done before I move in. It's just easier not to work around the furniture.

I also have butterflies about moving. What if my cats all of a sudden become noisy boys? What if the person upstairs takes up pacing and tap dancing? What if I can't afford the payments? What if I don't like it?

Lordy, I could go on and on. It's just anxiety of change and new things. Everything will be fine. Once I make it my home and settle in I'll be fine. This is something I've been saving for for 18 months. This is what I've been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment