Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Conversations with a six-year old

I don't know if I'll ever come up with a satisfactory answer. She sure is curious. Not necessarily concerned though.



1.

Anna: Do you think you’ll ever get married?
Me: I don’t know. Maybe. I haven’t decided yet.
Anna : Yeah, it’s kinda hard.
Me: Amen sister.
Anna: Did you get your job yet?
Me: No, I’m still looking.
Anna: So your really poor then.
Me: Well, luckily the company I used to work for is still giving me money.
Anna: Oh! Well, that’s pretty nice of them!
Me: Yeah.


2.

Me: So tell me about Nathan... on your bus.
Anna: (big smile) I am a girlfriend!
Me: You are?!
Anna: We are secretly falling in love.
Me: Oh my. That's exciting, isn't it?
Anna: He teases me but he's not mean.
Me: Yeah, sometimes boys do that and they really do like you.
Anna: We are secretly falling in love.
Me: So I heard.

1 comment:

  1. it is good to secretly fall in love. hey, i'm surprised she didn't suggest a bus ride for you.

    ReplyDelete