Sunday, May 24, 2009

I sat on babies

Friday I babysat my goddaughters so that their mom and dad could go out.
My plan was to wear them out so they'd go to bed for me. We walked about six blocks to a Chinese buffet. Well, I walked, Jordan sat in the stroller and Anna rode her scooter.
Anna is six and there is a sign that says if you're under eight you have to have an adult with you at the buffet. Well, that was too difficult because Jordan isn't much help at holding a plate in a buffet line so we took turns sitting at the table with Jordan while we dished up our plates. I told Anna to go ahead and help herself and just be really careful.

Anna: (wide eyed) You mean pretend I'm an eight year old?!
Me: No, just be really careful that you don't spill (since she already dropped the serving spoon handle in the sweet & sour sauce).
Anna: Because eight year olds are really careful?

Anna had to dress up to go to the buffet. She changed into a skirt and ruffley tank top, put on light, light pink eyeshadow and glitter lipgloss (she's allowed to wear it but not to school), a bangle bracelet, a necklace, earrings... she wanted to look "really fancy". She wore her Crocs so she could ride her scooter to the restaurant but brought a pair of wedge sandles to change into. Seriously, this is what going out to eat should be all about!



We stopped at a park on the way back and then they were both ready for bed when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment