Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kids these days

I went shopping at Target with my friend and her daughter (my six-year old goddaughter). Once again I was asked by the little munchkin why I wasn't married yet. Simply put, I haven't found anyone I want to marry. Conveniently an associate from the Target deli walked by just as I was commenting on how cute the little Diet Coke cans are "cuuuute!" He said "oh thanks. Oh you mean the cans" and he continued on. It was funny and the timing was perfect. A couple seconds later my goddaughter says, "maybe you should marry him". Yes, maybe I should. If only it were that simple.

This somehow led to a conversation about my job (or lack of job). She asked me if I had a job and I informed her in fewer words that my services were no longer required, I was laid off, my ass was fired. Really, I explained I didn't have a job at the moment and I'm looking. Her comment: what do you do all day? Just sit around?

1 comment:

  1. everything about this makes me laugh right now.
    she's a pistol

    ReplyDelete