Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ramblings

Last Saturday was my "new" step mom's birthday. When saying my goodbyes at the party my younger brother, Max, asked if I could cut his hair then Libby chimed in, wanted to cut a lot of hair off. We planned it for Wednesday (last night). Libby sees my dad every Wednesday for dinner so my dad invited me to eat with them since I'd be around. Great.

I cut hair last night at my "old" step mom's (5 1/2" off Libby's bringing it mid neck! - VERY CUTE!) and my dad comes to pick up Libby. I say hello, have my jacket on. My dad asks "What are you going to do?" I say, "I'm going with you." Oh, well, we're going out to eat for Jesse's b-day (my older brother) so we'll have to change the party from five people to seven." (Max was coming too). Fine, we'll meet them there. Nice. Max and I weren't invited? Once we get to the restaurant I mentioned to my dad that he had invited me to dinner last weekend. He said, "I know I forgot until I saw you." Nice.

Oh well, Libby entertained me most of the time quoting almost all of Napoleon Dynamite and feeling each other's muscles in various parts of our bodies. May I brag that I have more muscle in feel and form than my 15 year old sister who plays sports. Okay, so she won, hands down, on the stomach but she was really impressed with the form of my calve muscles.

She also entertained me by eating a mussel (something new she was going to try). It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever watched. She ended up spitting it out after something crunched. I personally wouldn't try them because I have a limit to what I will try when it comes to food. Mussels are not anywhere on that list. Libby said the experience will haunt her for a while. Me too, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment