Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holly

I recently came across something on etsy.



My heart instantly soared and I felt a little flutter... I may have actually gasped.  HOLLY HOBBIE!

When I was little, perhaps a wee six or seven years old, I went to some gathering with my mom's work.  There was a drawing to win various prizes.

My name was called... What did I win?  I won a Holly Hobbie doll!  Being insanely shy there was no way I was going to go up there to claim it.  My mom's friend went up to get it and when she handed me that doll I remember the feeling that it was all I ever needed in life.

I loved her rosy cheeks.  I loved her calico dress and bonnet.  I loved that her hair was brown like mine and that it was braided... not like mine.  I would look at her and hug her and trace her eyebrows, smile and each freckle with my little finger.  She was beautiful in my eyes.  I loved my Holly Hobbie doll.


No comments:

Post a Comment