Saturday, August 21, 2010

In with the new, out with the old... In that order

 A couple of months ago I bought a dresser from Ikea that I've had my eye on for a while.  I've had my old dresser all my life and it was my mom's growing up.  With her permission I replaced it and gave it away.  It stood empty beside my new dresser for over a month before I found it a home.  It was kind of sad in a weird way, seeing it go... but I'm over it now.  I'm glad it found a home with a friend.

If you've never put together something from Ikea it can seem overwhelming at first because there are no written instructions, only pictures.  Surprisingly it's actually easier than something that says, "put bolt A-1 into piece G-5 and attach to back of board 9 wrong side down on your head while chanting "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey".



It really isn't a difficult task but I have a "helper" that I have to deal with the entire time.  Whether it's keeping him from laying on the instructions, batting around the screws or getting into the packaging (he likes to eat packing tape then puke it up in the middle of the night) it seems to take longer than necessary.  Of course sometimes there's belly rub breaks (him - not me).

I love my new dresser.  It goes so much better with my decor and it warms the room up a bit.  Now I need some accessories to place on top.  Heavy ones that can't be knocked off by the critters living with me.  Like a decorative anvil.

No comments:

Post a Comment