Friday, July 30, 2010

Smashing pumpkins on my face

I did some of research on pumpkin and acne scars.  Turns out it's full of enzymes that when put on the skin had a similar reaction of an acid peel.

This is the scarring I've been self conscious of for about 15 years.  Hopefully I can post a picture in a few month? that shows some difference!

Pumpkin makes an excellent face mask ingredient for all skin types, especially environmentally damaged or sensitive skin. High in Vitamin A (skin healing), C (anti-oxidant) and Zinc, the pumpkin soothes, moisturizes and acts as a carrier, assisting the other mask ingredients to absorb deeper into the skin and intensifying the results.
So I gave it a try.  Mixed a little honey and milk in it.

I slopped it on and left it for 15 minutes.


It didn't smell good.  It felt very wet.  There was a slight tingling/itchy feel along the jaw line but nothing uncomfortable.

After rinsing it off my skin was very soft and smooth.  My complexion looked bright and even.  I couldn't find anything that said how often I should do this but I'm shooting for once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment