Sunday, April 11, 2010

speed bump ahead

I have never had thick skin when it came to matters of the heart. It's who I am. I'm sensitive.

I went in feeling tough with walls built high and strong then gradually, bit by bit, I let down the walls I spent far too long building. I won't lie, as the walls came down it felt good. There was a certain feel of relief, comfort and, surprisingly, security. I could breathe and the air was fresh and I wanted to keep breathing it. I felt confident and secure and was having fun.

I let the walls down and now I'm in trouble.

I'm struggling with what I allow myself to do from here. I may loose my common sense and make decisions with my heart rather than my mind. Will the decisions I make hurt me more? Is this just a bump in the road, a stupid, arrogant, self-absorbed, oblivious, thoughtless, clueless, bump in the road?

1 comment:

  1. its just real life, girl. real life has you feeling ecstatic and then desperate, but it is REAL and RIGHT, and right now. love you!

    ReplyDelete