Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I guess it wasn't a compliment??

A couple Fridays ago I got together with an old flame. I was 23 when we dated for about four or five months. We remained in contact for several years after and then communication stopped.

I found him on handy-dandy Facebook and we made plans immediately for a non-date. (A non-date is when you do date things with people you may date but you aren't dating... or something).

We went out to eat and watched a movie. Pretty simple. Conversation flowed. Somehow we got on the subject of skin (who knows how one gets on particular subjects). I mentioned that I wanted to do something about my acne scars. He said he never noticed them. I told him I'm very self conscious of them. He said something about people always being self conscious of things that other people never notice. He said, "I just say you're beautiful". I said, "thank you"! and his reply was, "I mean, I'd say that to anyone".

I wasn't sure what to say to that. I don't take compliments well and here I buck up, accept the compliment and just say thank you but it wasn't a compliment directed directly to me?

Boys are so stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment