Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Florida

Finally some pictures from Florida.

Daytona Beach




My nephew and I climed 203 steps to the top of the Ponce de Leon Inlet lighthouse. There was a great view from the top. This is looking down the spiral staircase before we started going back down.

The best ride at Universal Studios. It was fast and there was fire and it was fun. So much fun that we waited in line for one hour to ride it a second time.



Kennedy Space Center. It was raining part of the day but a lot of what we did was inside. This is the day that I was reminded why I avoid vacations with my step-dad - he was crabby.



St. Augustine

I keep thinking about St. Augustine. I really would love to go back again and spend some more time walking around. All the little shops and the way it was set up. I just love being there. Plus it was probably the most perfect day weather wise. This is the enterance to the old part of St. Augustine. All the walls are made out of this sand/shell mixture.

I drank from the Fountain of Youth. So far nothing... There were some gorgeous peacocks on the property.

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to St Augustine! We often think about going to Florida, but don't know where to start...

    ReplyDelete