Sunday, April 5, 2009

A bit about Florida

I have completely managed to update my blog. I have had a horrible time uploading my pictures for whatever reason. I will have to post those at another time.
Florida was perfect. The weather was in the 70's and sunny. St. Augustine was my favorite. All the unique shops and history. Plus I got to meet a long time internet friend. We had lunch. We've talked about meeting since about 2002.
Universal Studios was fun and crowded but worth it. The Kennedy Space Center was worth seeing once. Minus the old lady who sat in front of us in the IMAX theatre. My mom was talking quietly during the opening credits and the lady turned around and said, "Excuse me. Could you shut up?" and turned back around. Apparently the film on living in space in 3-D is a serious one. She certainly didn't stand up and tell the little 2 year old that was crying to shut up. She didn't tell the audience to shut up when the gasped and ooo'd and aahhh'd at the 3-D. Needless to say, my witty combacks I told her in my mind distracted me from the movie.
Daytona Beach was fun. Boogie boarding was so much fun and my nephew and I dug castles with moats in various places on the beach.
It was hard to leave but it's good to be home too. Now I have plans for San Antonio in a couple weekends. I figure I better do some traveling now because once I (hopefully) get a job who knows when I'll get some vacation time!

No comments:

Post a Comment