Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Going on a jet plane

I'm so excited to have booked my trip to go to Daytona Beach in March. I've got plans to see Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center and a trip to St. Augustine. I'm flying down with my 11 year old nephew who has never flown. I hope he gets a window seat!
I have been to Florida twice. Once in 4th grade and once in 11th. I still have so many memories of the things we did and saw and ate.
I can distinctly remember the way the air smelled and felt on my skin. I remember the warmth from the sun, the warm breeze. I remember the salt from the ocean water drying on my skin making it tight. I remember the scent of aloe from the lotion I wore after spending the day in the sun. I remember being so relaxed and completely in the moment enjoying my surroundings, enjoying my vacation.
I remember the sand and crushed shells in Clearwater Beach. I remember it rained when we were in Disney the first time. I remember the smell of coffee in the hotel restaurant. I remember swimming in the ocean. There were jellyfish I avoided.
I'm excited to go, to experience new things and make new memories.

2 comments: