Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cake in a mug

I got an e-mail with this recipe for a 5-minute chocolate cake in a mug. I tried it.


You mix your ingredients - 5 tablespoons of this, 3 of that, egg, milk, etc.



Pour it in a mug.

Microwave for three minutes.

The scary part is that it comes way up over the top but the recipe tells me not to panic. Pfff.

Then you let it cool for a couple minutes.

Dump it out on a plate and enjoy.


However, the enjoying part was the hard part. Imagine if that latex memory foam was edible. That is the consistency. I expected it to taste like rubber but the taste was really bland.


It ended up in the trash after two bites. I know, I know... WHO THROWS AWAY CHOCOLATE CAKE??? This wasn't cake, remember, it was some sort of dense, spongy, rubbery concoction that, had I made more, I could have layered it on my mattress to sleep on.

Maybe I should have doused it with hot fudge and eaten it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. somehow i missed this post! i want the recipe, maybe i can jazz it up a bit! because I really love memory foam. :)

    ReplyDelete