Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I've got a lot to learn

I had my second weigh in last night. This past week I lost 4 lbs. While I'm very excited, I am also reluctant to celebrate too much. I know the first week can be a big loss and I know it's a big loss because I was quite the piggy the couple weeks leading up to the first week.

I didn't follow to the book but I did fairly well staying within my points. This time around, I did discover some habits that I will try to break in the coming weeks.

I binge. I'm a secret eater. The first paragraph rang too true for me:
From the time I was a little girl, I was a sneaky eater. I can remember tiptoeing into the kitchen, gently opening the cupboard where my mom kept old mayonnaise jars full of cookies and crackers, slipping some out and eating them as quickly as I could. I've always had a sweet tooth, and I craved foods that weren't good for me. Then when I was a teenager and became heavy, I got into the mind-set of, "It's not okay for me to eat this so I have to sneak it."
I eat well and little in front of others but when I'm home by myself, I turn into a human vacuum.

I'm a sugaraholic. I crave cookies, cake, ice cream, candy...

I have a habit of having a dessert immediately after I've eaten. It's automatic and I don't even think about it. It's usually ice cream.

I eat when I'm not hungry. I'm trying to figure out the exact reason for this. Obviously I'm an emotional eater but what emotion triggers it, I'm not sure.

So, this time around, I feel like I'm going to finally make that lifestyle change that Weight Watchers is always raving about. I need to put my childish eating habits away.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how it went.

    secret eating? i do secret drive thru ordering, but sometimes get busted when i forget to throw away the evidence.

    i'm so proud of you for giving it a go, Lo'.

    ReplyDelete