Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Too many people have asked me already "have you voted yet" I had three people ask me before 9 am. I'm not sure what the fascination is. If I say yes, that's the end of that, no questions asked. If I say no, there are questions to answer. Are you going to vote? When? Where do you vote?

Does any of this really matter to individuals other than the candidates? Is it just conversation? I'm not completely offended, I'm just a very private person when it comes to religion and politics as far as the general public is concerned.

I will be voting after work. I believe that as it is my right, my privilege, to vote, it is also my right NOT to vote. It is not required of me.

This is the first presidential election that I have paid enough attention that I believe I can make an informative vote. I'm not basing my vote on the opinions of others. I'm not voting based on what my friends and/or family are voting on. I'm not voting based on being a Democrat or Republican. I'm voting for what I agree on, what I believe will be best for the country, what I believe will allow me to sleep at night.

One thing is certain, I will be so happy when the commercials are over and the mailings stop.

Update: My own mother asked me, "Have you voted? You HAVE to vote". I said I was voting but that I didn't have to. "Oh yes you do. Your mother said so".

No comments:

Post a Comment