Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Where to begin?

It's been a great 4 1/2 days off!

Let's start with Thursday afternoon. I got off at about noon and met my mom for lunch. Then we went to the Aveda Institute and got manicures. Mine was only okay but still pampering. Then I went home to relax for a bit before getting ready for graduation.

I had to be at the hotel where the ceremony was being held by 6:00. The ceremony started at 6:30. Normally the drive would take about 20 minutes, I gave myself 50 minutes. Traffic was HORRIBLE! I took me 40 minutes to go 3 miles at one point. I was in a panic. I didn't think I'd even get there by 6:30 at the pace traffic was going. I managed not to cry but called the traffic many names (such as "Where the fuck are all you fuckhead going?) I pulled into the hotel parking lot at 6:25, ran down the hall (in 3" heals), had my mom waiting there, threw her my purse and my coat, threw on my cap and gown (everyone was lined up ready to go). Some people rushed me in to get my picture taken then placed me in line. I had about 1 minute to catch my breath and rub the cramp the formed in the side of my calf from running with heals.

From there, everything went great. I saw my family as I walked down the isle and I couldn't stop grinning from there on. Once seated, anytime I turned around I couldn't find them again. Turns out I wasn't looking in the right area.

Libby gave me some earrings for graduation (she's so sweet) and my dad gave me a really grown up graduation gift. A Monte Blanc pen that writes like buttah baby.

Then Christmas. All went well at my house. My step dad took my nephew swimming and came back to get another towel. He accidentally went into the bad neighbors door He opened the door and it was dark and smokey in there. Thankfully, they have no idea!

My mom and step dad got me a trip to NC. My mom and I will go there to see the Vanderbilt home, see the Blue Ridge Mountains and then explore Charlotte. My dad and step mom got me some REAL knives. I'm afraid to use them because I know how much they cost
Christmas Day was pretty laid back. After the festivities at my dad's. Libby, Max and I went to see Narnia. It was good but I was so tired it was hard to get comfortable.

Monday I sat on my arse all day and I was just fine with that. Unfortunately I feel asleep for a couple hours and therefore couldn't get to sleep until about 1 am last night. Plus Rosco was practicing for a marathons and tearing all over the place. Jerk.


Now, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment