Monday, August 1, 2011

Black toes and green fingers

When you spend 2 1/2 hours with a little girl just one month shy of turning four, you'd think things could get a little hectic.  Those buggers have a lot of energy.

I have the sweetest little goddaughter there ever was.


We went to the dining establishment of her choice - McDonald's.  I have never heard someone exclaim the deliciousness of a McNugget over and over the way she did.  Apparently I'm missing out with the cheeseburger.

Even though it's 95 and humid, a park in full sun is what she asks for.  As I slowly melt away, I talk her into leaving for another park, a more shaded park.  To her this means only one thing: TWO PARKS!!

Me: Let's go on the swings so we can catch a breeze.

J:  Okay, push me high!  Whoo-hoo!  Yeah!

We swing in silence.  The breeze feels good.

J:  This is nice.

Me: It is.

J: I like spending time with you.

It took everything in me not to jump up and eat her with kisses and squeeze her little head.  I gathered myself...

Me: I like spending time with you too.

When a three year old who is almost four says things like that to you, you color her toes black and her fingers green because that's what she wants.


No comments:

Post a Comment