Thursday, July 17, 2008

How do you spell relief?

C-H-L-O-R-A-S-E-P-T-I-C

Sore throat spray. After work on Tuesday I tore into into the Walgreen's parking lot with the look of a desperate crack fiend. I practically bowled down an old lady in the gift card isle and whizzed by a friendly employee asking if she could help me. No, I knew what I needed. I needed to numb the hell out of my throat that was trying to kill me with it's stabbing pain and cut off my air supply with every attempted swallow.

I threw the money at the cashier as she asked if I wanted a bag. A bag? Seriously? I was hallucinating and sweating bullets thinking about how I was going to blissfully OD on the throat spray. I could see my self laying on the floor happily gurgling Cherry flavored sore throat spray with a smile on my face. There's no time for bags, lady! Look out sister.

I got to my car and tore open the package and with trembling hands I sprayed the first of several sprays directly onto my tonsils. I let the spray trickle down my throat. Oh heaven help me. The relief was a split second short of instantaneous. Oh mama. I was damn near in tears. All the suffering washed away.

With three quick sprays I sighed, I swallowed and I didn't shriek with pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment