Monday, July 14, 2008

Gosh, that hurts real, real bad

Two weeks ago I spent the weekend with a friend and her two young daughters. I shared a bed with the nine year old who spent most of the two nights coughing and blowing her deadly germs in my face. Two days later, I came down with a hell of a cold. We're talking sore throat, achy body, temp, sneezing, runny nose, all the good stuff. Summer colds are killers.

I stayed home from work (my third sick day in eight years) and blew my nose, moaned, and slept. Since then I've had a snotty nose, some sneezing and general annoyances that come with the lingering cold. Nothing I can't handle.

This morning I woke up dying from a sore throat. Nothing else but the throat was killing me. I came into work thinking it would fade after taking some ibuprofen. Ha. At 10 am I went to the doctor for a throat culture. I was sure I had strep. I had to have strep. This sore throat was killing me. The rapid came back negative and the doctor is assuming it's a sinus infection. I get my antibiotics made for a horse and go back to work (dang!).

It's now 1:45 in the afternoon and my throat hurts so badly that I want to stuff a paper towel in my mouth to muffle the screams when I swallow. The towel would also allow me to NOT swallow. I'll have to find some Bounty the quicker picker upper.

No comments:

Post a Comment