Friday, June 16, 2006

Body Worlds

Yesterday, I went to the Body Worlds exhibit at the Science Museum. It was pretty interesting for the most part but some of the body displays got a little too bizarre and it all started looking the same.

The process of plastination is really amazing. There were displays of entire humans and animals made up of only blood vessels. The real deal. There were many many organs displayed. Healthy lungs, smoker's lungs, cancerous lungs, livers, bones, arteries, ovaries, fetuses, embryos. I think the best display I saw was a pregnant woman laying on her side belly and baby exposed. Yeah, it could be considered disturbing by some but there was something beautiful about it.


I think it's worth seeing. It's something that gets a bit boring after a while (it took two hours to go through) but looking back and remembering everything is making me like it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment