Monday, February 6, 2006

See? I'm not exaggerating!

It was going so good. No noise out of the neighbors since the second week in December. Until last night....

Loud, loud, loud music at 11:00 pm. I called the police and hoped the neighbors didn't turn off the music by the time they got there. I wanted the police to hear the music. And they did. I got so excited!

The police knocked several times and eventually pounded on the door. No answer. The door must have been unlocked because they walked in and announced themselves, still nothing. Finally I heard them say "Hi, can you turn that down and come talk to us". The neighbor would turn it down. I heard the cops yelling at him, "Turn down the radio or you'll be going to jail". Still didn't turn it down. It took several attempts at telling him to turn it down. Wow.

Naturally, they left him with yet another warning. Told him if they had to come back he'd be getting a ticket. I say screw coming back and give his drunk ass a ticket now. They did take his name this time and obviously there will be a more detailed report on file. Also, they'll get another letter from the association and another fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment