Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Good-bye books

I go through phases where everything in my life feels cluttered.  I look around and I have TOO. MANY. THINGS.

Books.

I'm thinning them out.

I love my books.

But I had a good talk with myself several times over the past month.  I said, "Self?  Why are you holding onto those books?"

I had answers, lots of them.

I have so many books on my "To Read" list (yes, I have an actual list in a small notebook that I carry around, adding too and crossing off as life goes on).
I was a little sad pulling them from the shelf.  What if I regret letting them go?  In those pages are people and places and events that I know and have been and was part of.  But the reality is that I'll never go back to those same pages.

I have too many new pages to explore.

1 comment:

  1. half priced books?

    sometimes i think i want to keep my books because they are a reminder that i don't spend every minute of my life on the internet. ha. seriously, as a reminder of something i've done and the emotions that i have when i am relating to those characters. books is real nice.
    xo

    ReplyDelete