Friday, August 28, 2009

Home Pilates

A couple (few?) weeks ago I hit my 25 lbs lost mark. (YAY!) Since then I have gone up and down a couple lbs. So, I have to add in more exercise.

I put in my Windsor Pilates DVD last night. A quick 20 minute workout. Most "moves" were simple enough and I could tell I could gain strength from them. However, a few were a bit more challenging...

Doing back rolls: basically I'm curled into a ball balancing on my butt. Fairly easy enough. Then we roll back and then up again without letting your feet touch the floor. This is to "massage the spine". Back and up, back and up. When I was done doing the six rolls I found that I had completely turned around and was facing away from the TV. Hmmm... gotta work on the control part.

Then there's this "scissor kick" move where you're laying on your side, and you lift both legs about six inches off the floor and kick them back and forth. 1-2-3-4-5-... but wait I'm still on 1!

All this while breathing in and out of your nose for five counts each. Mostly I just held my breath until the instructor said, "Breathe in..."

I've got a lot of work to do...

1 comment: